Choose from over 200 career-focused degree programs
Explore our accredited associate, bachelor's and master's programs
Higher education. Lower cost.
Tuition and Financial Aid
As a nonprofit university, your success is our only mission. That means we’re committed to keeping our costs low, and to providing ways for you to reduce your overall tuition cost – so your education can be even more affordable.
As part of our commitment to affordability, SNHU offers some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation:
- $320/credit for undergraduate degrees
- $627/credit for graduate degrees
- No undergraduate or graduate application fee
Whether you’re interested in an undergraduate or graduate degree, our Student Financial Services team is ready to help you understand how to cut down costs and explore all opportunities for financial aid.
Learn online, on your schedule
Online Student Experience
Southern New Hampshire University is a leader in online education. Our online programs are developed by industry leaders who have relevant, real-world experience and professionals in online learning. Each program is designed to deliver applicable course outcomes that can help prepare you to succeed in the workplace.
Save time and money earning your degree at SNHU
Got college credits you worked hard to earn and hope to transfer? The majority of our online students are transfers, and we stop at nothing to give you the credit you deserve. That’s why we offer generous transfer credit policies where students can transfer up to 45 credits toward an associate degree and up to 90 credits toward a bachelor’s degree.
- Free Transfer Credit Evaluation – We’ll perform an official credit evaluation free of charge to help you determine which credits will transfer.
- Transfer Credits From Community Colleges – SNHU partners with community colleges and specialized schools around the country.
- Military Education Credits – Through partnerships, specialized pathways and dedicated support, we can help you turn military education into college credit.
- Get Credit for Work/Life Experience – Graduate faster and for less when you earn credit for what you already know.
Expanding the boundaries of higher education since 1932
Southern New Hampshire University is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution with more than 170,000 online students, making it one of the fastest growing universities in the nation. Since its founding in 1932, the University has transformed from a school of accounting and secretarial science into an institution offering over 200 degree programs ranging from business, education, liberal arts, social sciences and STEM.
Here are just a few of our accolades:
- Named 2020 Most Innovative University in the North and one of the nation’s “Best Regional Universities” by U.S. News & World Report.
- Awarded the 21st Century Distance Learning Award for Excellence in Online Technology by The United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Named “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception
- One of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies (2012)
What our students are saying about SNHU
- Student Success Stories
“When I saw my books on a bestseller list for the for the first time, it was unbelievable.”
Accreditations and Accolades
Southern New Hampshire University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). All Programs offered by SNHU are encompassed by this regional accreditation.